Page 2 of 3
Training and Resources for Men and Women
To date the project has delivered:
- A communciation toolkit for primary care staff and people with a learning disability - 'Can I Make An Appointment Please'
- Well Women courses using Josephine, an anatomically correct interactive puppet
- Male counterpart, Guy, who comes complete with a workshop programme around men's physical and mental health and well being. Click here to see more info.
- Essence of Care training day using drama and role playing to feedback the views of people with learning disabilities on the Essence of Care agenda
- Going to the Dentist - interactive drama evening allowing participants to feedback into local services review
- It's Not Just Lumps and Bumps an accessible booklet and DVD around cancer awareness involving people with a learning disability as actors, scriptwriters, producers, directors and aninmators
- Living Well with Diabetes an accessible book about diabetes and a patient's journey written and photographed by people with a learning disability at North Tyneside's Diabetes Resource Centre
- GUYS day (Gain Understanding of Yourself) Discussion and drama day to explore themes pertinent to men with a learning disability followed by visit and joining a Healthy Living Centre.
- Dedicated counselling service for adults with a learning disability
- Cancer awareness days working with North Tyneside's Healthy Communities Collaborative
- Health and Well Being Day to celebrate Learning Disabilities Week
- Supporting the work of the Health Champions informing health professionals about the needs of those with a learning disability.